Digital Transformation is a process that aims to improve an entity through combinations of information, computing, communication, and connectivity technologies.
The goals of Digital Transformation at WashU are to
- amplify and accelerate the activities of researchers and innovators working in prioritized digital domains
- embed digital competencies into teaching and learning at all levels
- inform the architecture and operations of data and computing infrastructure needed to position the university as a ”living laboratory” for digital transformation
Increase awareness of and engagement around Digital Transformation to establish foundations for launching the Digital Intelligence & Innovation (DI2) Accelerator – the permanent home for Digital Transformation at WashU – to convene and grow the activities of researchers and students working in digital domains.
- Organize and support a digital community of practice focusing on digital-first solutions that can advance research and innovation targeting a range of issues.
- Trustworthy AI and Human-Computer Interaction
- Computational and Quantitative Social Sciences
- Population Health and Geospatial Reasoning
- Build a platform for identifying and establishing strategic relationships with industry partners that can enable or accelerate digital transformation efforts and assist in training students to succeed in a contemporary, digital economy.